Pre-registration is sometimes referred to as Online Registration or Online Check-in. Completing your check-in with the cruise line prior to arrival at the pier is necessary to expedite boarding. When you pre-register you are able to select your arrival time at the pier to board the ship. This has become paramount while traveling in a COVID world and government regulations require most cruise lines to be checked in no later than 90 minutes prior to the scheduled sailing time.
When registering online with the cruise line, you will need to gather the following information for you and your guests:
- Ship, sailing date and cruise line reservation number - You will find your cruise line registration number on the top left of your Guest Booking Confirmation you received from us.
- Passport or proof of citizenship and identification information - for everyone in your party.
- You will need to designate an emergency contact - This will include the name, address and phone number of a contact who is not traveling.
- Credit Card you will be using for your onboard expense account.
- The names you use for check-in must match exactly with your travel documents which matches the names listed when booked - Using middle names or nicknames could cause you to be denied boarding.
- Travel plans before and after your cruise - Some cruises want to know in advance how you will arrive at the port and how you are getting back home.
When you arrive at the pier you will need to have the following in hand:
- Your printed proof of online check in.
- The credit card (see above) for your on-board purchases.
- Appropriate proof of citizenship and identification documentation — driver's license, and CERTIFIED copy of birth certificate, or passport (required on all other sailings).