Great news! Silversea Cruise ships is back in the water! We are your resource for the most up to date information around vaccination & testing requirements, whether you will need a mask, taking shore excursions, and health & safety measurements taken by the cruise line.
Silversea Health & Safety FAQs
Do I need to take a COVID test to board a Silversea cruise?
Fully Vaccinated Guests: You are considered to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (but have not received an additional dose or booster), must provide a negative antigen or PCR test result, administered by a verified third party (either a laboratory or pharmacy), taken no more than 2 days prior to boarding their ship. If unable to obtain a negative test in time for embarkation, Silversea will continue to provide complimentary pier-side testing prior to boarding the ship, through April 30, 2022.
Up To Date Vaccinated Guests: If up to date with COVID-19 vaccines, guests must provide a negative Covid-19 antigen or PCR test result, administered by a verified third party (either a laboratory or pharmacy), taken no more than 3 days prior to boarding their ship. If you are unable to obtain a negative test in time for embarkation, Silversea will continue to provide complimentary pier-side testing prior to boarding the ship, through April 30, 3022.
Do I need a Vaccine to travel on a Silversea Cruise?
Silversea Cruises will require all embarking crew and guests must have received their second vaccine shot (if applicable) at least two weeks prior to their sail date in order to board our ships. In addition, all crew and guests will be required to take a COVID-19 test prior to boarding.
From March 1, 2022, all eligible guests, for whom the required time has elapsed since the completion of their primary COVID-19 vaccination series, will be required to have received a COVID-19 booster.
- A copy of the vaccination certificate must be uploaded to ‘My Silversea’.
- The vaccination certificate or printed copy must be shown during the check-in and embarkation process.
- In accordance with the EU Healthy Gateways latest recommendations, all guests will be required to take a complimentary COVID-19 rapid antigen test prior to boarding and halfway through the voyage.
- Only those who test negative will be permitted to board our ships.
- All guests will undergo a pre-embarkation health screening including an enhanced health questionnaire and daily touchless temperature checks.
We do not collect vaccination cards or store proof of vaccination. Those cruise lines that have vaccine requirements to cruise will likely ask for proof at the time of boarding.
Do I need to wear a mask?
Guests will be required to wear a mask in all indoor public areas of the ship, in terminals and during shore excursions.
- Guests will not be required to wear masks while seated in restaurants, at tables in bars, and in outdoor areas in which physical distancing can be maintained.
- Silversea is constantly monitoring the public health guidelines and will modify its policies accordingly.
- Crew will be wearing masks at all times.
Can I get off the ship at port?
Our itineraries have been revised to include only low-risk destinations with approved contingency plans.
In accordance with the EU Healthy Gateways, guests wishing to go ashore in port will only be allowed to do so with a verified shore excursion party. These verified shore excursions ensure that all Silversea health and safety measures are met, including mandatory testing of all tour guides.
- As a reminder, one excursion per port per day is already included in the cruise fare and can be selected from our ‘included shore excursions’ selection.
- These restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage guests to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.